1 ½ cups finely ground almonds
¼ cup sugar
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1 tablespoon all-purpose GF flour (I used brown rice)
3 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened (Kroger brand
1 ¼ cups sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose GF flour
½ teaspoon salt
4 large eggs
1 (8 oz.) container sour cream (Daisy Brand is GF)
1 teaspoon GF vanilla extract
1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
1 ½ cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1) Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Press
mixture into bottom and 1 1/2 inches up sides of a
lightly greased 9 in. springform pan; set aside.
2) Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric
mixer until smooth.
3) Combine 1 ¼ cups sugar, 3 tablespoons flour and
salt. Add to cream cheese, beating until blended.
4) Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each
5) Add 8 ozs. sour cream, vanilla, and lemon rind,
beating just until blended. Gently stir in
blueberries. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
6) Bake at 300 for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until
center of cheesecake is firm. The times I've made this
recipe, it has always taken at least 1 hour and 30
minutes. Turn off oven, and let cheesecake stand in
oven, with oven door partially open, 30 minutes. This
step is really important. If you don't let it stand,
the top will split! The voice of experience!
7) Remove cheesecake from oven; cool in pan on a wire
rack 30 minutes. Cover and chill 8 hours. Release side
8) If you use the whipping cream topping: beat
whipping cream at high speed until foamy; gradually add
2 teaspoons sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
9) Fold in 2 tablespoons sour cream. Spread over
cheesecake, and garnish, if desired.